Achieve Full Relaxation
Floatation tanks are a combination of many factors that lead up to depriving the body of sensory inputs so that we can achieve full relaxation. Our URTH float tanks are filled with ten inches of water and 1100 lbs of Epsom salt. This solution is then heated to body temperature so that your body begins to blend with the water. Ear plugs are inserted into the ears to keep excess salt and noise out of the ears. Floaters are enclosed into the tanks which produce an environment without light. With all of these factors combined, one is able to achieve a period of full relaxation. If you want to relieve the stress of everyday life then book a float with us today!
Tips on Floating
Make sure to put earplugs in ears.
Rinse off (using shampoo and shower gel) to remove any hair products, makeup, or skin oils.
Dry your face.
Get into tank using the rails on each side of the tank opening, squat down bringing the door down with you, slowly lean back until your bum is floating and you are buoyant in the tank.
Focus on your breathing while you float in still, heated solution.
Make sure not to touch eyes or face during your float. Epsom salt will sting the eyes. There is a bottle of fresh water outside the tank in case this happens.
The water will start to circulate when your session is complete.
When you sit up pushing the door open, tilt your head back and push the salt water back into the tank carefully so you do not get water in the eyes.
Squeegee yourself to remove excess solution before getting out of the tank.
Move to the shower. Try not to touch anything due to the thickness of the salt. Take a thorough shower using shower products to wash off the salt from the body and then towel yourself off.
- Benefits from Floating
- Can lower levels of Cortisol, the main chemical component of stress.
- May help with pain management (Arthritis, back pain, neck pain, tendinitis, bursitis, inflammation, and Fibromyalgia).
- Can increase circulation to the extremities.
- May achieve greater muscular relaxation.
- Can increase elimination of metabolic by-products.
- May increase the level of Magnesium in the body.
- May decrease high blood pressure and menopause symptoms.
- May improve detoxification in the body.
- Creativity (brain is held in the theta state).
- Meditation (for altered state of consciousness).